Monday, August 3, 2015

Week of Miracles!

Dear Family,

This week was so busy, but so much fun! It was the last week of the transfer and we made sure that it was the best week ever for Hna. Carvajal's last moments in Mexico. Also, I feel like this letter is going to be full of grammatical errors, so hang in there.

Monday: We celebrated P-day by eating salads! (crazy right...no?!) The salad we ate was 100x better than Zupa's and it was the most amazing thing ever! Afterwards, a sister invited us to Dairy Queen. 

Tuesday: Worked super hard, super hard! Hna. Carvajal worked as hard as her little body could all week and we helped prepare the wonderful people of Navojoa.

Wednesday: We prepared for our "act" in the ward talent show. Us missionaries did a sketch about Nephi retrieving the plates from Laban. Since there aren't many "girl" parts, I was Sam. Oh my goodness, I had so much fun with that part! Sam doesn't say much in the Book of Mormon, so the elders decided to "ignore" everything I said doing the sketch and it was pretty hilarious.

Thursday: The sisters in the ward and I prepared a surprise farewell dinner for Hna. Carvajal and the Elder that left. They were so surprised! They thought it was a "service project" and were surprised with a room full of members, dinner, and cake!

Friday: Hna. Herlinda (bless her heart!) took us to Hna. Carvajal's favorite pizza place for lunch and we had more cake :). We also had the ward talent show and a wonderful youth, Kenia, came. She made friends fast with the members and had a wonderful time.

Saturday: We ate lunch with Hna. Herlinda and had the famous meal of Sonora: tacos de carne asada. Then, an ice cream cake. 

Monica, the sweetest girl in the world.
What a special day for her!
She's so happy!
(even though people don't smile in pictures here)
Also, on Saturday, we helped Monica, a fantastic 17 year old, get baptized. Monica was so excited for her baptism!!! She didn't get baptized with her mom and brother a month ago because she got sick, and Saturday night was specially done to help her feel the spirit. The hug she gave me before entering the font was something that I will never forget! It's moments like that that make every moment in the mission field totally worth it. After the baptismal service, we had Hna. Carvajal's "last supper" with Monica and her family. More tacos de carne asada and more cake!

Sunday: Hna. Carvajal left and I stayed with Hna. Herlinda in the morning. She gave me left over cake for breakfast! We went to pick up Kenia to go to church and she loved her first Sunday :) It was so great! Miracles also were provided because many others made it to church, including Rosario (a 70 year old) and Osmara (15 years old). After church, I worked with a recent RM, Nicol, from Chihuahua (she knows Elder Womack!). She and I worked all afternoon until it started to rain really hard and the lights went out in our area, making teaching impossible because it was so dark in the homes. We got permission from Pres. Munive and she stayed the night with me. She loved being back in the mission life for a day!

Today, I picked up my new companion, Hna. Ortiz. She is from El Salvador and has around the same time in the field as me. She's super sweet and I'm super excited! It was pouring cats and dogs when she arrived and we were soaking wet to the bone in seconds. All the clothes I washed this morning are now soaking wet outside :)

And that was my week of miracles! I almost cried when the week was over because I loved this week so much! I'm super excited for the month of August and I know that more miracles are about to come. 

Also, I am so tired of eating so much cake this past week! 

Love you all,

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment