Monday, August 10, 2015

Ándele!

Dear Family,
This week was super great! We went to Obregón on Monday night and got back on Tuesday, where we were finally able to get to work and help Hna. Ortiz get to know the area. Hna. Ortiz is such a sweetheart! She's a bit shy, but she works really well with investigators and is an amazing teacher! She's also a fantastic listener. We're going to have a lot of good times this transfer, I just know it.
Throughout the week, we focused much of our efforts on our friends who have made the decision to make commitments with our Heavenly Father. We went with young women and young adults and helped our friends, Osmara and Kenia, make more friends and get more excited about coming to church. They are both loving church! Really, I love seeing Kenia's face as she meets new people and I love helping Osmara see that she can change her life, little by little. I also love involving the other sisters in the ward! My goal is to have all the young women and YSA sisters excited about missionary work! Please pray for Osmara and Kenia (especially Osmara so she can get over some bad habits). Also, please pray for Rosario, un viejito, that now has many more "viejito" friends.
We had our zone conference on Thursday and I got the package the family sent! Thank you so much! I now have good socks! Hooray :)
I want to share my testimony on the amazingness of this gospel and missionary work! In PMG, it says, "our main task is to declare the gospel and do it effectively. We are not obligated to answer every objection. Every man eventually is backed up to the wall of faith, and there he must make his stand.... The Book of Mormon is a springboard to testimony and personaly revelation... investigators must resolve for themselves their concerns and objections... the first question for an investigator to answer is whether Joseph Smith was a prophet, and he or she can answer this by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon." These words are so true! The Book of Mormon is the perfect way to know if the church is true. I know that my testimony started when I began to read the Book of Mormon, and I know that the Lord WILL help us if we want to know the truth of this gospel. I love this work and I am so excited to keep on working this week!
Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment