Monday, August 31, 2015

Another Week in Navojoa

Dear Family,

Another week has come and gone. What?! When did that happen? I'm glad that everyone is doing well and that everyone is excited with school. Keep on being smart!

My companion and I got caught in the rain
This week was full of crazy miracles. But, it's hot and I can't remember all of them. I think my brain is half fried, literally, but that's okay :) Only a couple more weeks of heat and then we get to less heat.

We had divisiones this week and I got to work with Hna. Rodriguez, an amazing missionary from California. She started the mission at the same time Hna. Garcia (¡mi hijita!) started. I can't believe that they have 9 months out in the field! They all grow up so fast!  We both got a bit sick the night of divisiones, but we both woke up the next day healthy and sound, so all is well :)

Kenia's baptism. She was so excited! (I'm also sunburnt)
Kenia was baptized on Saturday! Oh my goodness gracious she was so excited! She was a bit worried that she wasn't "perfect" before her baptism, but the Spirit, and a few amazing scriptures, helped her out to make the decision to be make covenants with our Heavenly Father.  Of course, Satan wasn't happy with her decision, so he made Saturday crazy for us missionaries in preparing her baptism. Many things happened (such as finding a messy font an hour before the service that someone forgot to fill with water, not finding a shirt for her to be baptized in (My companion and I had to run to our house to find one of my shirts), and a few other crazy things) The baptism was one of the most stressful baptisms I've seen on the mission, but the light on Kenia's face was priceless and made everything worth it. The ward is ecstatic that she is now a member, and she is equally excited to start a new page in her life. I love her and everyone here so much!

We've been working other friends who are equally interested in knowing if this church is true. Wow! I love seeing people eager to learn about the gospel and ask Heavenly Father if what we teach is true! From the short time I have out in the field, the key ingredients to gaining a testimony are essential for someone to progress: they NEED to prayer; they NEED to read the Book of Mormon; and they NEED to go to church to know if this is right. Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and His Son. He really did translate the Book of Mormon. This really is the true church. But, people need to figure that out for themselves. The most amazing thing out here is seeing people figure that with the help of the Holy Ghost. Their whole face changes. Their lives change. Heavenly Father's plan is so amazing!

If you guys can, please pray for Remedios. And Esperanza, Kitzia, and Yaveel. And Martha and Maria Teresa. Pray that they read the Book of Mormon. If they do, the Spirit will fill in the gaps they are missing, I just know it.


I love you guys! Good luck with the week!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment