Monday, December 1, 2014

Los Mochis!

Wow oh wow! I love you guys!

This week has been crazy and full of fun! Really, I am so excited to work in Los Mochis! The atmosphere is completely different from Obregón, but my companion and I have enjoyed every second we have had here.

Hna. García and me, ready to take on the world! :)
Speaking of my companion, her name is Hermana García. She's a 19 year old from Payson, Utah, and she is a joy to be with. Her parents are from México DF, so she came to the field with perfect Spanish, ready to baptize the world. She is full of energy, has an amazing attitude, and we are having so much fun! The members and investigators just love her, and she has already met some people she knows because they have family that are in her home ward. The Lord knew what He was doing when He sent her to the Macapule ward. She's practically training me!

So, it's been pretty crazy trying to find our way around, but the Lord and the ward have helped us so much. The first day, we were completely lost, but we managed to find the bishop's home and talk to him about where he needs the missionaries. Then, it was work, work, work! A ward member, Hna. Hilde, has been by our side all week, helping us visit less actives, members, investigators.... everyone! She has been heaven sent! We plan on visiting with her as often as we can to help bring people to this Gospel :)

There are 2 investigators here ready for baptism, José and Claudia, and we are preparing them to be baptized on the 20th. They are a cute brother and sister, ages 12 and 16, who are eagerly accepting the truth. It was so much fun to talk to José yesterday about Nephi! He has read the first two chapters, and I told him to let me know when he read the part where the lion eats Nephi..... he said he'll keep on reading until he finds it..... ;)

Crazy moments of the week:
1. Our house was in crazy need of a deep clean! I can't believe that sister missionaries lived in our home! We spent a good portion of our P-Day cleaning up, and we can finally breathe in peace and feel the Spirit. We also put up a mini Christmas tree! Merry Christmas, everyone!
2. Our house doesn't really like me..... in the past two nights, my contact lenses case fell in the trash can.... and my glasses fell in the toilet.... ya.... it's the house, not me....
3. "You better watch out, Santa Claus is coming!" but seriously! Friday night, Hna. García and I were walking down the road, admiring a big blowup Santa, when I tripped on one of the strings holding Santa in place, and went crashing down to the floor.... Yes, I have battle wounds :D But I'm still alive!

I love this Gospel! I know that what I am sharing with others is true and I am so humbled to know that the Lord has asked that I serve here in Los Mochis. I know that the Lord has miracles in store for us to witness this month. I love you all! Have a great week!

Alma 13:24

Hermana Zubeldia

¡Todo está bien en Sión!

No comments:

Post a Comment