Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Feliz Navidad!!!!!

¡¡¡Felíz Navidad a todos!!!

Last week was such an amazing week! I don't even know where to start!

We were able to help two great youth, Claudia (16 yrs) and José (12 yrs) get baptized on Saturday (happy birthday, Élder Zubeldia!) and I have never seen so many ward members and investigators come to a baptism! The Spirit was so strong. Claudia and José are going to remember Saturday night for the rest of their lives, and it was amazing helping them make it a spiritual experience.

We helped a member in our ward make a piñata. I might make piñatas for a living!
After the baptism, we had the ward posada (Christmas party). Maybe that's why there were so many people at the baptism.... :) We plan well :D. One of the families we are teaching even came to the baptism and posada, which was fantastic! We're planning on working hard to help all of the people in our area to help this ward grow and become strong. !Poco a poco, todos están progresando!

At our missionary posada, we had to make the prettiest and tallest temple. Ours might not have been the tallest, but our "Provo temple" was definitely the coolest!
My companion and I with our newspaper Provo temple

To celebrate Christmas, Hna. García and I are going to try and make a pie (we have no oven, so I am super excited to see how this plays out). We had our missionary posada yesterday to celebrate with all the other missionaries in Mochis and Guasave. I got to see my sweet "mom", Hna. Shiraki! She's still as short as can be and we were thrilled to be to some moments together.

Presidente Munive, su esposa, y nosotras
Before our missionary posada yesterday, we had an amazing training meeting. Wow! I love being a missionary! I don't even know how to describe how wonderful the training meeting was, helping us all focus on the reason we are in México. I am here to serve my Savior. I am here to represent my loving brother who suffered what no human can/could suffer. My Savior and Redeemer paid the price to save the souls of man, and I have been called to help in his efforts and invite others to come unto him. I know that this is a marvelous work and a wonder. I know that my obedience and willingness to serve not only blesses my life, but blesses the lives of everyone else who depend on the missionaries to understand this Gospel. I am so happy that I still have much time to serve and dedicate my efforts to this cause.

This morning, I was reading Elder Uchtdorf's talk during the October Conference Priesthood session, "Lord, is it I?" Wow! I invite everyone to read this amazing talk! I would share snippets in this email, but there are too many snippets to share.

I love you all! See you tomorrow on Skype!

Hermana Zubeldia

ps- we found Korihor/Nehor!!! Turns out, he was hiding underneath our stove, eating our cupboard top. We put the stove on top of the fridge, and he hasn't come back. He sadly did not fulfill his name and is still somewhere in Los Mochis, but he no longer enters our home.

Here are some pictures of the missionaries in our Christmas party. The first picture is the serious one, the others are just goofy.






No comments:

Post a Comment