Monday, November 9, 2015

So happy!

Dear family,

I am so happy right now! Time isn't slowing down, which is a bummer, but we are getting so much done in such a short time! I love how much the Lord loves me!

Here are the wonderful sisters in my generation
at the meeting in Obregon.
I can't believe we have been together for so long!
I love these sisters so much!
We were all very different from when we first started...
Also... we're missionary gangsters ;)
On Monday, we headed to Obregón because we had a meeting the next day. We arrived early and... there was time to visit one of the most important people to me: María Jesús! We visited the first person I helped to be baptized, and I almost cried with happiness!! She and her kids were in pjs (it was around 7:30pm) and we both were in shock as we hugged and caught up with how she is doing. She told me that it was the best early Christmas present ever, and I have to agree. I haven't seen her in almost a year! She is planning on receiving her endowments in December and she is currently the Primary President!!!! Wow, this work is worth every hard moment. All the experiences I have had on the mission have been amazing, but Monday night was one of the most memorable. It was a teary farewell when it was finally time for us to leave. We headed over to the secretaria's home and had a wonderful night with 12 other sisters before our meeting on Tuesday.

My two hermanas: Hna Mena. and Hna. García,
at our meeting in Obregón. These two are so great!
Tuesday: We had our meeting with missionaries throughout the mission. The spirit was so strong!!! I love these missionaries so much! Hna. Mena and I gave a training that turned out nicely and we were pretty happy :) This is my 3rd time training in these Obregón meetings and I liked this training much more than the last 2. Wow, I don't know how to describe how great this day was!

Friday: We had our zone conference and the President and his wife came! It was fantastic! I know that our zone is going to have great success this month and all of us are very excited to keep on working. We have put a lot of emphasis in working with the members and are excited to see miracles occur.

Sunday: One of our investigators, Yaveel, came to church in a suit jacket and tie! He was so happy! 

I climbed a tree today...Hooray for Pdays!
I got stuck trying to get down :)
Today: We had planned to have an activity with the sisters to play basketball and have lunch together in the church. My companion and I were in charge of bringing Mexican style tortas (better-than-subway-sandwiches), and woke up super early to buy the ingredients and get to the church before 8 to study in the church building. When we got there, we started getting phone calls from the sisters: all of them said that they couldn't come to the activity because they were sick or had plans. What?!?! We had tons of tortas, and everyone decided to bail!!! We called Hna. Franco and Hna. Rojas and explained the situation, and they decided to come to participate a little... but we still had tons of tortas!!! Hna. Mena and I played basketball, I climbed a tree, and we called the Elders to tell them that we had tortas. So, our sister activity turned into the elders activity, with free food provided. But, Hna. Franco, Hna. Rojas, Hna. Mena, and I were able to go to el centro together, so that was fun :)

I love my companion!
And that was my awesome week! I love you all so much! Keep on taking things one at a time. Remember, the Lord helps those who help themselves :) And then, help others: Hebrews 12:12

Love you!

Hermana Zubeldia





We made jello this week. I am such a pro at jello making right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment