Monday, November 30, 2015

Gratitude

Dear Family,

After writing you all and seeing your beautiful pictures, I finally found a bit of time to write this letter to you guys. What do I write? I want to write so many things. Can happiness really be described in words?

This transfer has been full of so many miracles! The mission has been full of so many miracles! But this transfer has been one of the most miraculous. After everything that happened the first three week- four weeks, the Lord has showered blessings upon our area, making the scripture in DyC 58:2-4 even more real and powerful. We went through having people yell at us, helping out in a funeral, and dengue, to seeing the Lord lift us up and show his hand in our missionary work. We have found so many families that are interested in the gospel! We helped 10 people go to church yesterday! We have seen people change lives! I have seen how the gospel blesses families in amazing ways. 

The miracle that will always be remembered is the miracle of the Duarte Family. I helped Asucena and her two children enter the waters of baptism a few months ago, but Asucena's husband, Remedios, wanted nothing to do with the church. Bit by bit, his heart was softened. The Lord works in miraculous ways and has blessed his life. Sadly, the family had to pass through the hardest moments of their lives, but these hard moments softened Remedios into deciding to be baptized. He is going to be baptized Saturday morning, my last day in glorious Navojoa. He is so ready and so eager to be sealed to his family a year from now. I am so humbled knowing this family and seeing how the gospel as unified them, just as Heavenly Father promises us. 

If there is one thing I have learned these past weeks, it is how to be grateful for all the Lord has done for me this past year and a half. I am 100% certain that angels have been helping me in this work and it has been wonderful helping others come unto Christ. This is the true gospel, this is the one and only church, and I love being a part of this work! My relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown so much and I am so happy to be able to say that I am His daughter!  I have seen miracle after miracle here in Mexico and I know that the Lord is going to continue to provide miracles for me, for my companion, and for everyone I have met here. (Moroni 7:27, 29) This work is not over and will never be over. It is great knowing that the Lord provided me the opportunity to be completely dedicated for this work for 18 months. I plan on keeping on working till the very end. The Lord still has a lot of work for us to do! 

I love you all! 

Hermana Zubeldia

(Omni 1:26, Ether 12:32)

We got caught in the rain. It is so cold here! It's raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment