Monday, November 2, 2015

¡Felíz Día de los Muertos!

Hola Familia!!!

Here is my wonderful companion! Hna. Mena!
I am loving this transfer! My companion, Hna. Mena, is absolutely amazing and I am loving every second. She's a short sister from the capital of Mexico and is full of amazing ideas to help our area and our investigators. Not to mention that her attitude towards life is awesome! She is a joy and I am so happy that the Lord let us share this transfer together!!! These transfers, for the whole zone, were completely inspired!!

We've been encouraging the members to start working in the Work of Salvation by helping us in our visits and helping their ancestors through family history work. We want the whole ward to go to the temple in December, especially the new members, and I know the Lord is going to help us in our efforts. We had a Family Home Evening with a family that went awesome!... Until the 10yr old son began crying when he lost a game we were playing to see who would say the closing prayer. He took it hard because he lost the game to say the opening prayer, poor thing :). His older brother was laughing at him pretty hard. Haha I love large families!

Here we are, working in the dust of Navojoa!
We found some amazing people to teach! We went to see Esperanza and she told us that she is going to be baptized (!!!), but we haven't put a date yet. We tried visiting her this weekend, but her family was on their way to the cemetery to celebrate Día de los Muertos. We'll be seeing her on Wednesday (pray for us!). 

Speaking of Día de los Muertos, no one, I repeat, no one was home on Sunday. Everyone went to the cemetery to put candles and flowers on graves. We spent most of the week talking about the spirit world, the plan of salvation, and temples :) It was the first time when NO ONE was outside on a Sunday night, which was pretty crazy. Also, we ate Pan de Muerto (so good!). Aunque los niños chiquitos piensan que el pan de muerto lleva personas muertas, no es cierto... ya pregunté ;) [translate]

I'm sorry if my email is all over the place! We are right about to leave to go to Obregón for a meeting tomorrow. Hna. Mena and I are going to give a training, so my mind is elsewhere, but I love you guys tons! Wish us luck for tomorrow!

Here are some amazing scriptures I came across this week: Luke 9:24, DyC 14:7, 1 Samuel 15:22, DyC 108:7

Hermana Zubeldia

Here are the wonderful sisters in my zone before they left to their next areas.
I love these sisters so much!
The sister on the far left, Hna. Rojas, was my second companion in the field.
My companion and I were having fun taking pictures in the church. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment