Monday, June 15, 2015

Sleeping in a Spa

Dear family,

Okay, I know that many missionaries don't share all the crazy things that happen, but this week has been one I will remember for the rest of my life and I want to share some of the crazy missionary experiences that we've been having. I'll share much more in the years to come, but here's a bite of what we've been up to in Los Mochis:

1. The Lord blessed us with many opportunities of finding new people to teach. We had/have so many references! I love knowing that we're helping these people come closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Sadly, almost everyone told us they were not interested and wouldn't let us walk through their doors, but that's okay. We're still excited to find many new people and Hna. Pech and I have faith that Macapule is going to flourish.
Haha I'm kind of sunburned in the picture,
but here we are, sleeping in the spa

2. It's still crazy hot at night, but the Bishop's wife helped us out a ton when she discovered how we have been sleeping in wet mattresses the past 2 weeks. She owns a spa close to our home and, because we don't sleep in the homes of members, offered us to sleep in her spa. Haha. We spent half the week sleeping on massage beds! What a wonderful sister she is! We would arrive at night and leave as soon at 6:15 in the morning to go home and shower, eat, and study. What a crazy experience!

3. This week, as well as working as hard as we could, we tried looking for a new house. We would contact people asking to share the gospel, and would add the question at the end, "and do you know of any house that is for rent?" We found a few options and will find out later today where we'll be moving. We've become pros at house finding.

4. For our last Monday of the transfer, we spent the morning cleaning the house and packing. We're hoping to move as soon as possible.

With everything that is going on, I am as happy as can be! Don't worry a bit about how I'm doing. I have never been happier or more at peace! The Lord has blessed us so much this transfer and He has answered all the questions I had for Him when we started this transfer. He knows exactly what we need and He knows how to teach us in His perfect and loving way. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent us His son, a son that has felt everything we feel. We are so blessed! 

Also, I invite you all to read the Liahona for this month. It is so inspired! There is an article about the Prophet Joseph Smith that is absolutely amazing. This is the best work in the world!  Wow! We're in the right place! I love you all and I hope that you have the best week ever!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment