Monday, March 9, 2015

Birthdays and FHE

Hello everyone!

This week was so fantastic! I don't even know where to start! Everything is going to be out of order and all over the place, but bear with me :D

On Monday I went to Ciudad Obregón for a meeting. Laurita picked us up from the bus station and took us to see some members in another ward. Sadly, I wasn't able to see Maria Jesús, Bernardo, nor anyone else I knew due to a shortage of time, but that's okay. From what some sister missionaries told me, Maria Jesús gave her testimony for fast Sunday, saying that the best day of her life was her baptism. It is such a humbling experience to see how people learn to love and embrace this gospel. Also, I found out that her father-in-law is getting baptized this Saturday! Hallelujah! He was one of the most spiritually people I had ever met before I left that area, and it's so amazing to know that he and Maria Jesús will be able to be together at church. Her husband will come around sometime!

Bowling with the other missionaries
The meeting in Obregón was amazing and so needed! To start off, we went bowling (!), but had to walk in the rain to get there. So we were soaking yet, in church clothes, bowling. And.... I'm awful at bowling. I think I got a great score of 32.... Heavenly Father blessed me with other gifts :).  The rest of the day was amazing. We talked about how we can help the missionaries have more ánimo and how we can have more success with the members. We finished around 8 pm, but there were still some more things to discuss, so we'll be having another meeting next week.

It was Hna. García's birthday on Saturday!!! We had planned to do an FHE/mutual with the youth in the ward Saturday night to help the youth and our investigators become friends. The plan was to make pizza (Hna. García's favorite food). Little did she know, I had been planning a surprise for her for mutual. I had been passing notes and messages to the members, Lucila and her family, and others to have everyone come to the mutual and throw a mini surprise party. And it worked! We had around half the ward there! The pizza was delicious (I love the RS president!), the elders bought a cake, and it all turned out as planned! We were also able to have a FHE were Hna. García and I talked about the importance of the scriptures in finding answers. All in all, it was an edifying experience for everyone.

Miracle moment: I had accidentally left our cell phone at the church on Friday during a ward activity. Hna. García and I were both worried that it might have been lost, but really, I felt completely okay about not knowing where the phone was. The Lord always provides. Saturday morning, right after personal study, the bishop knocks on our door and hands us our phone. I love the small miracles the Lord provides us!

Another miracle: We are teaching a teenager, Guillermo, and he is so excited about learning more. We found him ready to go for church, all nice and spiffy, on Sunday morning. He had been ready an hour and a half before church started! 

This gospel is so amazing. One of my favorite parts about being a missionary is helping us learn more and change their lives. The gospel changes people. What a wonderful blessing to be part of the process!

2 Nefi 25:13 - the scripture we will be memorizing for this month in preparation for Easter.

I love you all!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment