Monday, April 6, 2015

General Conference!

Dear everyone I love,

Thank you so much for your letters! I opened my email to find a wonderful amount of pictures and letters, and it was such a treat to see that everyone is loving life! Thank you!

Hna. García is now in the Mission President's ward, getting excited for the heat of Obregón. Good luck to her!  

Conference was amazing! I don't even have words to describe how special it was. The twelve and the seventy spoke harsh and loving words; reprimanding us for using cell phones and technology wrongly... truly being witnesses of Christ (Elder Holland and Elder Ucthdorf are amazing!!). I have been studying my notes ever since conference ended... wow! I can't wait for the Liahona to come!

The sad moment is that Hna. Pech and I missed the first hour on Saturday. We got confused with the time change and we didn't realize that Utah time changed 3 weeks ago! In the words of Hna. Pech, "tristes misioneras!"

Hna. Pech is, as everyone else has told me, "un amor!!!" Really, she is such a sweet girl! She's 21, from Yucatán, and has won the hearts of all the members in just one week. She has 2 more transfers than I on the mission, and we have been having such a great time together. These next weeks are going to be great and full of miracles. 

The three year old nephew of our converts, José and Claudia, passed away this week. In between the Sunday sessions, we went to the funeral, where all the members rallied around to support these young members and their less-active older sister. I love the church so much! Everyone helped out to make sure they were provided for and taken care of. One of the Elders gave a small talk, while I helped lead the music. It's crazy to think that, exactly 6 months ago in the last session, I also helped out with a funeral by playing the piano. The messages at conference were powerful about the importance of defending the family and attending the temple, and I am so glad that I have already been sealed to my wonderful family. Mosiah 15:25 is a scripture that Hna. Pech shared with Claudia, José, and some of their family members, after watching "Because He Lives."

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment