Monday, April 13, 2015

Red to black, and fish :)

Dear family,

Thanks for the pictures and letter this week! You guys are all the best! Congratulations to Daniel for being able to work at camp Hobe this summer and getting ready for AP tests, for Carlos and being awesome in merit badges, for Sofía is sewing ten times better than me, and for Soraya in reading so well! Also, congratulations to my little (but taller) brother Levi for getting 2nd place in state in his category for science olympiad! I love my nerdy family!

This week was pretty crazy! We were all over our area and we found so many new people to teach! I'm really excited about two youth we found who are friends with members in our ward, and two young mothers who are super willing to listen and learn. We searched our Area Book and found less actives that were baptized three years ago, and we've been working hard to invite everything/everyone that breathes to listen to the glorious message about the Gospel. Sadly, due to rainy weather, no one came to church. But that's okay, they will be saved next week ;)

Speaking about rainy weather, it was cloudy all week (which was excellent because we still don't have air conditioning and the heat should be coming really soon). The sky finally exploded Sunday morning while Hna. Pech and I were walking to get investigators. The lightning and thundering was impressively terrifying, but I'm still alive :) We are truly protected as missionaries. The turnout in church wasn't too bad either: 38! Almost everyone was there! I love this ward!

Call my companion and me crazy, but we did something completely off the wall this morning! Hna. Pech has been dying to dye her hair and she had a box of dye from Obregón. So she asked me to dye it!!! We dyed it before our studies, and it came out jet black! Hna. Pech used to have reddish hair (I'll try to send a picture)... haha it makes me think of the time Susana and I used henna.... Silly missionaries....

I got to go to a place called Topolobampo Saturday morning to pick up Hna. Pech after splits. Topo is so pretty! Look it up! (Topolobampo, Sinaloa) It was the first time in around a year that I got to see the ocean. The town is made up of three hills and a dock. Everything for the sister missionaries there is either uphill, or downhill, and they have a total of two gas stations and a grocery store that is similar to a Wallgreens. It makes me feel blessed to be in my area, where we have paved streets and real grocery stores. The thing I loved about Topo though is that everything smelled like the sea and the was the wonderful aroma a cooked pescado.

While on splits, the sister I was with gave me some wonderful advice (well, not really advice, but that's okay). The sister has 17 months on her mission and is going home home the same day as Pablo (I think... I don't know when Pablo is going home....). She said that one of the things she has learned is the power of repentance and the reality of God's love for us. It made me think of an article I read today in the Liahona of this month. President Packer explains the reality of the Savior's sacrifice, saying that we all live on spiritual credit that needs to be paid daily (repentance). If we are willing to accept out Savior, we may be forgiven of our sins. I know this is true! As Pres. Packer states, "I promise that the brilliant morning of forgiveness can come.... How will you know? You will know! (See Mosiah 4:1-3)"

I love that Heavenly Father has provided us a way to return to Him through His son. Christ paid the price, and it is up to us to accept that price and strive to be like Him. I love that Heavenly Father loves us so much as to sacrifice His only begotten Son so that, someday, we may all have the opportunity to be by His side. What a marvelous work and a wonder!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment