Monday, November 17, 2014

Quiero ser honesta :)

Hola familia! ¿Como están todos?

We received some fantastic news this week! Barrio Mayo will be receiving 2 new missionaries! There will soon be 3 areas in this ward! I love how this work is progressing so much. I remember wishing for this moment many months ago, and it has finally happened! We're not sure if the new missionaries will be elders or sisters, but all 4 of us have been on the lookout for a place for them to stay.

Okay, I love how the Lord helps us with this work! Our dear friend, Maria Teresa, was having some doubts about being baptized and wasn't coming to church because she would go to the cemetery every Sunday morning. Knowing that the last thing we could do was kidnap her, Hna. Rojas and I prayed and prayed to know what to do. We decided that if she didn't come to church yesterday, we would sadly have to stop teaching her to find other peoples. Well, guess who came to church yesterday! Maria Teresa! I know that they Lord is preparing her to make such an important decision in her life and I am very happy that the Lord wants us to continue teaching her :)

Francisco Javier is progressing very nicely :)

Yesterday at church was absolutely fantastic. We were sitting in the Gospel Doctrine class, talking about the importance of honesty, and we were all having a blast. One of the members decided to join us in the class and kept on asking questions to see if he was being honest in his work. He sells water, candy, chips, and such in the street, and he kept on asking business questions to see if he was selling the right way and we got into a funny discussion about cost and demand. Great stuff! Then, halfway through the lesson, an 83 year old convert blurted out, "I'll be honest: I'm hungry! So I'm going home now." It was absolutely hilarious! If only every week could be as funny as yesterday!

I know this church is true. We we have the desire to discover the truth and we nourish this desire, we will discover that we have incredible faith in our Savior and in his teachings. I know that the Savior is rooting for us as we bring others unto Him, and it is an honor and a privilege to be a missionary, helping people discover the truth.

Alma 32:28-31

Love you!

Hermana Zubeldia

¡Todo está bien en Sión!

This one is a couple weeks old, but here are some of the amazing missionaries in my zone :)

Hermana Rojas and me
I'm so sorry I haven't sent many pictures! I haven't been carrying my camera around while proselyting... But here's one! My companion and I decided to straighten our hair today because it hasn't been so hot lately. Hna. Rojas is so fantastic!

Really, she and I have had such a blast! It has been so fun training her :) Week 12 of her 12 week training, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment