Monday, October 27, 2014

Felíz Dia de los Muertos

Hello everyone I love!

Happy Halloween everyone! And happy Día de los Muertos on the 1st and 2nd of November! We've heard that everyone leaves to visit the cemeteries these two days... pray for us that we find people in their homes! I have a feeling that we will be teaching the Plan of Salvation quite a bit this week :D

Nothing super out of the ordinary happened this week, besides the amazingness of serving the Lord, every single day! We spent the week trying to visit a list of inactives... Of the 20 or so names on the list, we found a 3 new families that we have appointments to visit this week. The other families either do not exist or have been abducted by aliens. We got to know our area VERY well trying to find all these people:)  Because of all the time in the sun, my mind is super fuzzy as to specifics that happened this week, so I have decided to dedicate this email to all the goof moments I have had on my mission.  Hopefully you get some laughs on this fine Monday!
  • One time, after a District Meeting, I was with all the other sister missionaries, having innocent fun by sitting in a spinning chair and not hurting a fly. All of the sudden, I found myself on the floor, underneath the spinning chair. I still have no idea how this happened or how I fell....
  • I usually trip on the side walk at least once or twice a day. I can usually catch myself and Hna. Rojas gets a good laugh every time. Someday, maybe not now, I will learn to walk 100 steps without tripping once :D
  • Last week, we had just contacted a family when we walked into the Bishop's wife and Maria Jesús. I have no idea what happened, but I fell (again!) Both the sisters were flabbergasted and tried to help me, after I had already fallen, of course. My companion just laughed and I couldn't help it but laugh with her, making the sisters even more confused :) She's getting used to me falling. Who would have thought that 6(?) years of ballet would leave someone as clumsy as me?
  • Spicy things. Enough said! I ate a Mexican hamburger one time, with spicy Mexican sauce. Wow! I couldn't feel my mouth for about an hour!
  • My companion, Hna. Rojas, has made it a goal to get me to eat spicy things. Who knew that after so much chile, I would finally get used to a little bit of spice! I think she has made this her goal because she loves seeing the kind of faces I make when things are too hot to stand.
I am so grateful that the Lord gives us moments where we can truly laugh and enjoy life. We are out in the mission field to enjoy every second, the good and the bad. I know that Heavenly Father smiles every time we laugh, every time we help others laugh. As said in 2 Nephi 9:39, "Spiritually Minded is Life Eternal." In other words, SMILE! Smile your hearts out this week. Happy Halloween!

Love you!

Hermana Zubeldia

¡Todo está bien en Sión!

Burros! We had a little party today before writing and ate some massive burritos. I am sooo fulll!

​Can I share with you a message about this wonderful book? Haha the best part about this is that I tried smiling underneath the helmet :D

No comments:

Post a Comment