Monday, September 8, 2014

In the month of September...

Hello friends and family!

I want to let you know that I love you and I hope you are all doing fantastic. This past week was my parents 23rd wedding anniversary, so throw them a congratulations if you see them! Families are so important, and I am more than blessed to be sealed to mine and my two wonderful parents.

This week, Hna. Rojas and I have gotten to know each other more and she has gotten to know the ward a bit more. We have finished week one of her 12 week training program and I am excited to help her learn more on how to be a hard working missionary, how to contact people, how to help people with our lessons, and how to magnify our sacred calling to help the people in Obregon. She's a bit of a goofball, so I'm also helping her learn how to channel all her energy in positive ways.

It`s weird to think that I have been in this ward longer than most of the other missionaries have been in our district. This ward is full of people waiting to help us find their friends and family.  We are excited to work hard with the members this week to find and to teach. Wish us luck!

Maria Jesús is loving being a member of the church! She and her kids feel so at home in the ward and it''s wonderful to know that the members have all rallied around her to befriend her and to bring her husband into the fold. Cesar (husband) was sick this week, so we weren't able to see him, but we shall be talking with him tomorrow :D. We also will have a Noche de Hogar with their family and the Bishop's family. I am so excited to help Cesar see how this Gospel is going to bless his life! He can already see that in his wife and kids.

We're helping Bernardo, a 21 year old, prepare for baptism this Saturday (hopefully! he feels a bit worried that he won't be ready, but he has been reading, praying, going to church, and we have been working with him a lot. Have faith, everyone!)  We're going to be talking about the 10 commandments tonight. It dawned on me that we're going to be teaching the Law of Chastity and such (I knew that, but for some reason I didn't think about it). This is going to be fun with having two 19 year olds talking to a 21 year old about such a great law :)

Well, I love you all so much and I wish you the best week ever! Remember who you are, what you stand for, return with honor, and all that jazz.

Alma 32:3-14

Hermana Zubeldia

Todo está bien en Sión!

No comments:

Post a Comment