Monday, June 9, 2014

Todo está bien en Sión!

Dear friends and family,
  
I'm in Obregón! After leaving the CCM at 2:30 in the morning and helping translate everyone's needs and the desires at the airport, we finally made it onto the plane. I'm for sure going to miss the wonderful people I met at the CCM, but I'm super excited to actually be out in the field. And boy oh boy! What a field it is! We got out of the airport in Obregón, and the heat hit us like a tortilla to the face. Wow! This is going to be one hot summer! And the summer just barely started... I'll let you all know when my innards are cooked. That's a picture you won't want to miss.
  
Fun fact! Sister Sarah Clark, my roommate at BYU, arrived at the CCM this past Wednesday! It was great to see her smiling face and I hope she enjoys the next 5 more weeks she has in the CCM.

I'm not sure what to talk about.... all I've done so far has been studying in the CCM.... the time really flew by and from what I've heard from the other sisters in Obregón, time flies by even faster out in the field. They've all reminded us to keep our hopes up and keep going when the going gets tough. That is exactly what I plan to do. Our attitudes determine our perspective and there is no way I'm going to let a bad attitude get in the way of preaching His gospel. I'm sticking around in Obregón for the beginning of these next 18 months and I'm hoping to enjoy every second I'm out here.

My trainer is Hna Shiraki, a cute little girl from Hawaii. She's been out four months and she is fantastic at Spanish. I can't wait to see what she will teach me. I wish I could send you all some pictures, but that'll have to wait for next week.
  
For my spiritual thought of right now, I want to share how important prayer is in my life. Prayer provides direct communication to the Lord and He hears us. He loves us. There have been so many times in the past 2 weeks that my prayers have been answered. I have a firm testimony that if we ask with a sincere heart and with real intent, miracles will be seen in our lives. 1 Nephi 10:19.
  
Love you all! I can't wait to read your letters!
  
Hna Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment