Monday, October 5, 2015

General Conference!!!!

Dear Family,

This week was so fantastic! Oh my goodness gracious, wasn't conference amazing? Isn't the gospel amazing? Isn't the church amazing? Wow, isn't the Lord and His plan amazing??? I am so happy right now I don't have words. Life just keeps on getting better and better. 

To start of this happy letter, we had divisions with the sisters in the other ward. Hna. Rojas and I got to work together again!!!! Just like when we first started!!!... But, completely different at the same time. Hna. Rojas now has 13 months of experience and growth. The mission has changed both of us in many ways, and it was amazing looking back on everything that has happened. I remember when she had one day in the field, I had 3 months, and neither of us were completely sure of what we were doing :) We grew so much together and apart. She and I had such an amazing 24 hours together. Wow! It was so great! She's still the only companion with whom we cried leaving. She truly is a sister to me, through all the crazy times we had together.

Then, drum roll please.... CONFERENCE!!!! I had so many questions answered, even questions I didn't ask nor write down were answered. The Lord sure answered each and every one of my prayers. I don't have a favorite talk just yet, but I loved how everyone talked about obedience, the Sabbath Day, and LIVING the gospel, not just cruising through it. This gospel is true!!! The church is true!!! It's not complicated: We need to simplify life, be obedient, receive the Holy Ghost and make covenants with God, and "ponderize." It was great listening to the new 3 special witnesses of the Savior :) I can't wait to hear more from them. One of our good friends, Kitzia, attended 3 of the 4 sessions, and loved it :) She is on the right tract and is preparing for her personal commitments with God for next week.

Also, Hna. Ortíz's birthday is tomorrow! She's turning 22! To celebrate her birthday, as well as the birthday of Elder Vaca (poor elder, his name is vaca!! We all make fun of his last name), which is also tomorrow, we through a surprise party for them. I love these surprises! They are some of the funnest moments, helping your companion feel loved! The other elders, 3 wonderful sisters, and I planned a secret lunch and cake party today right before I began writing you guys. It's so hard planning something without your companion knowing! Hna. Ortíz is ALWAYS by my side!!!! It was a nice treat and a nice surprise; she didn't suspect a thing :D. We couldn't do any little surprise parties tomorrow because my companion and I are going to be in an all day meeting in Obregón and are leaving for Obregón tonight. But, I still have my little surprises planned for her ;)

Life is so amazing. The Conference came right when I needed it, and I am super excited for the next months to come. I have no idea what will be said in the conference in April, but I know that I have a lot to prepare spiritual to get ready for that day

I love you guys! I'm going to "ponderize" 2 Nephi 29:8 this week. what are you going to ponderize?

Love,

Hermana Zubeldia
We are some of the sister missionaries and I taking pictures between the conference sessions. On Saturday, Hna. Ortíz and I left the building between the sessions and got caught in a sudden downpour of rain! Boy, that was fun :)

More pictures of conference. someone was photo bombing....

We made mole from scratch with the bishops wife! It was so good! and It's super easy to make. It has peanuts, bananas, cinnamon, and other secret ingredients :)
Here we are: los misioneros en Navojoa! This is what we look like when we don't know that someone is taking a picture of us.
Hna Ortíz's surprise cake in the church today. Hooray for tres leches!











No comments:

Post a Comment