Monday, September 14, 2015

Temple Rededication

Dear family,

This week was amazing! To start out, we got transfers...and I'm staying in Navojoa!!! Hna. Ortiz and I have another transfer together and I am so excited to make some changes in myself, the area, the district, and the zone. 

On Wednesday, we got a call from Presidente Munive wanting to have an interview via Skype. I was super excited because interviews with him always help me out, and I have never had an interview with him over Skype. But, he decided to change his mind and invited my companion and I to a "district leader meeting" the next day in Obregón, where our interview would take place afterwards. The district leader meeting was so amazing! I learned so much and it got me so excited to follow up on my personal commitments and the commitments of my investigators. The spirit was so strong! We also discussed the importance of being examples in every moment. This is so true. I have seen the power of being an example in these recent transfers. When we aren't being an example and a true disciple of Christ, it is absolutely necessary to repent and to change. 

Afterwards, I got to have an interview with Presidente Munive. He put a twist on things and gave the interview in English! Finishing up around 2pm, Hna. Ortiz and I were ready to make the hour trip to Navojoa and buy something quick to eat so that we could keep on working when we got back, but Presidente Munive and his wife surprised the two of us and took us to eat tacos before taking us to the bus station. I love Pres. Munive and his wife so much!

On Saturday, we taught the greatest lesson in the world about Adam and Eve. We have been working with Esperanza and her family, and we have been trying to make the lessons dynamic to help the little ones understand. Oh my goodness gracious, the funniest comments were made by Esperanza and her husband as they analyzed 2 Nefi 2. Esperanza said that it made sense that they had to eat the fruit and leave their innocent state. She said that God probably felt embarrassed about explaining the cycle of life with them because they were "innocent like little babies", so He waited until their eyes were opened. Haha not quite... but she was happy to understand the world-wide confusion about Adam and Eve.

Saturday afternoon, my companion was cutting chiles serranos to help out with lunch, when she had an allergic reaction and the chiles burned her hands!!! This only happens in Mexico!!! She tried tomato, toothpaste, ice, milk... and nothing would get the burning sensation to leave. She was completely desperate and, 5 hours later (her hands were still burning!!) We took her to the doctors. We were at a ward activity and everyone was worrying over her hands. The investigators that were there were also asking about her hands when we visited them the next day. Poor girl! She has decided to never eat nor touch chile again (this isn't going to last long).

We went to Obregón yesterday to see the Rededication of the Temple in Mexico City. It was so amazing! The most amazing part was being there with 3 of our friends who have decided to accept the gospel. It was also great seeing Pres. Eyring and Elder Holland. General Conference is almost here!

I found an amazing verse in my personal studies today! Alma 37:37 and also D&C 138:1-11. It is so important to study the scriptures in order to receive revelation!

Love you!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment