Monday, July 21, 2014

Transfers and Miracle Tamales

Dear everyone,

Thank you for your letters! I think this might have been one of the happiest weeks of letter receiving! Family, thank you for keeping me updated with your lives and for the wonderful photos you sent this week. Yes, I was/am very happy indeed!

We had a wonderful investigator family come to church yesterday! And the little kids came as well! The mom is very interested in the church and how we help children learn about Christ. We will be visiting them again later this week :)

I am also very happy that I get to stay in Obregon for another transfer! I even get to stay with my same mom, Hna Shiraki! It's common for the new missionaries in this mission to have two trainers, and I am very pleased to say that I have another 6 weeks to learn as much as I can from Hna Shiraki. We're looking forward to miracles in this transfer and I want to share with you the first miracle we witnessed...

Like one of my previous miracles, this miracle also includes food. Trust me, I am eating well, we have food, and we have miracles that do not include food, but this experience is one I will never forget. Yesterday was a kind of crazy day when most of the ward kind of disappeared and the people we were supposed to eat lunch with had to go out of town. They had given us money Saturday night, but it was too late to buy anything for Sunday. Hna Shiraki and I were against buying food on the Sabbath when we knew we could make do without, so we made sandwiches for the four of us and brought them to church. We ended up giving 2 sandwiches to the APs because they were pacing around the church working out transfers, and we went back to the other sisters' apartment to eat(?). None of us were super thrilled that we wouldn't be eating much for lunch, and I was hoping and praying that no one would cave into temptation. We're missionaries, we will live without a meal! Here's when the miracle occurs: When we got to their house, their neighbor told us she had made tamales for us. We looked at one another and thought, "yes, this is really happening! The Lord loves us and works miracles!"

Family and friends, I want to bear witness that the Lord knows the desires of our hearts and will bless us if we keep his commandments. Heavenly Father will shower us with blessing and with miracles if we are willing to do our part. I am so grateful to know that I am here to serve Heavenly Father. He truly exists. This work is real.

1 Nefi 3:7
Alma 37:35

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support! Until next Monday :)

Love,

Hna Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment