Monday, August 11, 2014

This church is so true!

Hello wonderful people!

Here I am, in a fantastic cyber-café in Obregón, writing all of you people in the States. It's so weird to think that I left before school ended for my siblings and the summer is almost over for them now. Enjoy learning new things!

Speaking of new things, I feel that I have learned many new things this week. The first one is that they people here lied about the weather. They told us that it would only rain at the end of June. It has been pouring here in Obregón, something that should not be happening in August. We have welcomed every drop! We have been caught time and time again in the rain and it has been great having a week of cooler weather.

The picture on the right... Oh yes. We were soaking wet and the water was at our ankles (we didn't test many places to see how deep it could get). Thank goodness we have some fantastic ward members who helped us get back to our house that night! Blessing sure do come with the rain!

Something I already knew, but I feel should be repeated, is that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and Joseph Smith was called of God to restore Christ's church. We are teaching an older couple that have a baptismal date set for the end of the month, and the Hermano has a few problems with accepting the Restauration and our beloved prophet. We, including his wife, have told him time and time again that the best way to understand Joseph Smith and his role as prophet in our church is to read the Book of Mormon. Dear loved ones, read the Book of Mormon! If the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet who received revelation from God. This is the true Church of Jesus Christ and I am so happy to be helping others understand that!

This letter is short and very much all over the place. Let me just say that I love this gospel, I love this work, I love you all, and I hope you all have a wonderful week of miracles!

Alma 34:8-10. Here is one of my favorite scriptures of the week. La expiación es un sacrificio infinito y eterno.

Hermana Zubeldia


We came home one night to find couches in our house! Our house is owned by the ward members who live next door and I guess they decided that we needed couches. And a coffee table. And a fireplace :)


We made a great fruit salad for breakfast today. Mango has definitely become one of my favorite fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment