Monday, August 4, 2014

It`s already August!

Dear everyone,

I can't believe it's already August! That means that there are only two more months of intense heat! It has been a pretty great summer of serving the Lord. I feel like my motto has been, "Dios nos protege" because that is my common answer to people asking how we "survive." Really, Heavenly Father has blessed us more that I think I can imagine. I am so grateful to be doing the right thing by serving a mission right now. It will be amazing to see how the Lord continues to bless us.


La Laguna del Nainari
This week, I realized that I have not said anything to my family about my area. Here in Obregón, there is only one tourist attraction: La Laguna. My companion and I are the lucky ones who have this man-made lake in our are area. I don't really know how to describe the rest of my area, so the lake will have to suffice.

I feel that I have learned the true importance of reading the Book of Mormon in becoming converted to the gospel. We are teaching a older married couple who have enjoyed their past two Sundays in the ward. It's amazing to see how the wife, who has been reading the Book of Mormon, has fully accepted what she has learned, desires to learn more, and feels good about a baptism. The Book of Mormon changes lives! It's such a testimony builder to me to hear people say that they feel God speaking to them when they read the Book of Mormon. Every answer to any question can be found in The Book of Mormon. We need to read this book everyday!

I love you all!

Hna. Zubeldia

2 Nephi 33:10

People love to go strolling around the park in La Laguna.

There are some towers like these and a couple of zip-lines.

Can you see the zip-lines?

And there are paddle boats to relax in La Laguna.

At the entrance of the park there is a Discobolus. El Discóbolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment